Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Maiden Voyage

I love food. I love to eat, cook, create and share food. It's even more enjoyable to me when I can share my experience and things I learn with others and they enjoy it as well.


Food and the creation of the edible bites therefrom encompass two of my favorite passions: science and art. I so enjoy the the chemistry of cooking, how ratios and order affect the final product, why it is necessary to incorporate specific ingredients to get the results that make it all satisfying; I find this most useful in the baking arena. Then there is the decorating, the presentations that make the first impression, the final touches that bring the complete satisfaction to fruition.


Considering all that I mention above and my new found love of all things low carb, my food experience is burgeoning on the edge of cult-ish but of course with one goal in mind: There is no use in trying to exist in a low carb existence if food is unsatisfying and limited.


I have found some low carb recipes that people seem to accept with glee that are absolutely terrible. The texture is all wrong, the flavor is below par and the digestibility leaves too much to be desired to even be considered food. On the other hand, I have found quite a few amazing foodies who must adhere to the same essential philosophy as myself who have created, collected and shared some tremendous recipes that spur my imagination and ingenuity to create, collect and share recipes of my own.  All Day I Dream About Food is a must for low carb enthusiasts who like food. I highly recommend following her blog. An experienced blogger and low carber, she has an amazing repertoire of recipes that will just blow your low carb mind.


And thus, The Edible Imagination is born. I will use this forum to write, share, and ask for advice in the realm of low carb cooking. I will from time to time share a non-low carb recipe because I do not make my family and friends convert to my beliefs but if there is a "regular" recipe, believe me I will rebuttal with my low carb and delicious alternative that will make you wonder, "Why not low carb?"


I hope you enjoy my future ramblings and I look forward to blogging this experience for one and all.


Edibly Yours,
Renee